TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to all class bookings including those made with a gift voucher.
1. CLASS BOOKINGS, PAYMENTS and REFUNDS
a. You can make a booking for a class using the secure online booking system on the website, over the phone or by email. A class place is not secure until full payment has been made. If you book and pay for your class place via the online booking system on our website you will receive an automated email confirmation once payment is completed. If payment is made via Paypal, you will receive a separate email from PayPal confirming your payment. All details required to attend the class are available on the webpage at the time of booking, however these details will also be emailed to you at the address you give when you book the class, this will be sent approximately two weeks before the class takes place.
b. Whilst the dates and times for the classes are correct at the time of advertising, Custom Cake Classes reserves the rights to make alterations to dates and times of classes. In such instances, students will be notified immediately and an alternative date and/or class offered. If the alternative date/time or class is not suitable, a full refund will be offered.
c. We cannot hold class places pending payment under any circumstances.
d. Our classes are booked on a first-come, first-served basis. A place is not secure until full payment has been made.
e. Instalment payments are an option for class bookings if requested. If you pay by instalments, your place is secured once you have paid your deposit. If you later fail to make the instalments balance payment by the due date, then you will lose your deposit and any prior payments.
f. Class content may change and be updated as needed.
g. Refunds are not available once payment has been made under any circumstances. Please double check dates, times and travel arrangements carefully before you book. All class bookings are bound by these terms and conditions whether made online, over the phone, by email, in person or with a gift voucher. We are unable to offer any class transfers or refunds should you decide to cancel or be unable to attend your class. Should unforeseen circumstances occur, such as illness, we are happy for you to arrange someone else to come in your place by prior agreement, but we cannot transfer your place to another class date.
Class Cancellation insurance is widely available to buy online which would cover you for these circumstances. Custom Cake Classes strongly advise that students arrange insurance to cover unforeseen events which may prevent them from attending their class and seek to cover any class cost or any travel and accommodation costs that have been incurred.
h. In the unlikely event that Custom Cake Classes has to cancel a class, a full refund will be offered. We may also offer a place on another date of the same class, or a suitable alternative if this is not a convenient date. If neither is appropriate, a full refund will be given.
i. Should a refund of a class space ever be permitted by Custom Cake Classes, a £10 administration charge will apply to each class space booked.
j. Custom Cake Classes cannot be held liable for any money spent by students, such as travel, accommodation etc. If Custom Cake Classes has to cancel a class and you have already made travel purchases, we would only be able to refund you for the price you paid for the class.
k. Our liability is limited to the cost of the class place only. To the maximum extent permissible in law, Custom Cake Classes excludes all liability for loss (whether direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss) however incurred by the Customer, arising from any act or omission or failure by Custom Cake Classes, its owner, employees or contractors in connection with the class.
2. MINIMUM AGE. We do not allow children under 11 to attend the class (with the exception of any special children’s classes). A child under 16 can attend with an adult accompanying them who would also have to purchase a place on the class.
3. ARRIVING LATE. If you arrive more than one hour late for your class, you will be unable to join the class as you will be too far behind and this would be unfair to the other students. In this instance you would lose your booking and would not be able to transfer to a later date. Please ensure plenty of time when planning your journey.
4. TAKING PHOTOS/VIDEOS. Photography is permitted only for your personal use. We do not permit videos. We do not permit publication of tutorials based on class content.
5. CLASS INFORMATION. All information given in courses is based on our opinion only and should not be taken as advice in any sense at all. Our opinion is nothing more than an opinion.
6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. By purchasing a class place you are welcome to copy the designs from that class for the purpose of your own cake making. If you host classes or intend to host classes, you are strictly prohibited from using the designs you learn in a Custom Cake Classes class, whether be to advertise or to teach. Our classes are designed to improve the skill, knowledge and technique of our students, and we encourage the development of individual expression. Participation in our classes does not infer any permission to reproduce copyright designs or use the intellectual property of Custom Cake Classes. All of our designs, lesson plans, class format, outlines, structures, photographs, teaching techniques, pre-class information, notes, and wording our website remain the property of Custom Cake Classes and may not be reproduced as cakes that you sell or class projects that you teach. Class notes may not be reproduced, published or shared.
7. USE OF PHOTOGRAPHS. On occasion, Custom Cake Classes will take photographs of its classes. We reserve the right to use any photographs for our own reference, website portfolio or for display and/or promotion without compensation to you.