During this one day class you will learn how to prepare and cover a 6 inch round sponge cake with sugarpaste to a smooth and professional finish. You will also be taught how to perfectly ice a cake drum. Once the cake has been iced we concentrate on the decoration. You will be taught, step by step how to model a cute little teddy bear and other complementing design details, including pretty polka dot bunting! All ingredients and use of equipment are included in the price and you will leave the class with your decorated sponge cake.
TEDDY BEAR CAKE CLASS
Key points covered in the Teddy Bear Cake Class:
- Split, fill and crumb coat a 6” sponge (provided)
- Covering a cake with fondant sugar paste to a flawless finish
- Preparing and icing a cake drum for a professional look
- Modelling skills – Make a cute little Bear by hand
- Using specialist tools and understanding different mediums
- The importance of design skills and adding intricate details
All ingredients and equipment to create the class design is supplied for use for the duration of the class, including an apron to protect your clothes. Once you have booked your class space, all you need to do is bring along your lunch!
Complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits will be served during the class.
Maximum class size: 6 students